Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jessica Darling Series


This series of books is about Jessica Darling. She starts in high school at the age of 16 and the final book ends as she turns 26. The series touches on all of the major milestones that teens and young adults face from prom, first sexual experiences, choosing a college, and even a career. Megan McCafferty depicts life as it truly is for anyone who is going through this age of their life or has gone through it previously. I have to say I devoured the first, second, and third books of the series but didn't get into the fourth and fifth right away. I wish I had because the fifth book was probably the one that I read the fastest. In this book, Jessica encounters her high school boyfriend again for the first time in over 3 years and must face some truths that even she doesn't realize. I couldn't put the book down and finished it in just a few hours. I think that anyone around the ages of Jessica in the books will enjoy her story (especially if you ever had trouble fitting in during high school).

No comments:

Post a Comment