Saturday, June 4, 2011

Book 1 complete!

After reading for 3 hours I have finished book number 1!!! I know I will get many more read and will update as soon as possible but this weekend is getting busier by the minute.






In this modernization of Pride and Prejudice the characters are students at private school who can do nothing but plan for prom. Lizzie Bennet is a scholarship student at Longbourn Academy who has had a difficult time. The other girls in the school don't like the scholarship students and take it out on them by hazing and torturing them until they leave the school. Lizzie has only two true friends, her roommate Jane and another scholarship student. Jane decides her roommate needs to get out more and introduces her to some of the boys from the neighboring school. Lizzie is happy that Jane and Charles are back together after being separated for a semester while he was in London but is not impressed with his friend Will Darcy. Lizzie takes an instant disliking to Will, but Will seems to be everywhere she is. Soon Lizzie finds that she shouldn't judge others without knowing the whole story and has a revelation about others that are in her life as well.

Author Elizabeth Eulberg does an excellent job of keeping the characters true to the original Pride and Prejudice but makes it much more hip and modern for the readers of today. Students in middle and high school will surely enjoy this tale even if they have never read Pride and Prejudice.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Reading time: 3 hours 3 minutes
Blogging time: 15 minutes

Check back for the next blog this evening!!

3 comments:

  1. This was in the Scholastic book fair, but I couldn't quite bring myself to read it. Now I'll have to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually picked it up at the warehouse sale a few weeks ago. I was considering giving it to a student but forgot about it in a sack until I started cleaning out my office. I figured it should at least get read so I gave it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My teen daughter and I both liked this book. Me knowing the original and she not knowing it, which means to me that it works on both levels. It seemed all fluff when I first heard of it, but now I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete