Sunday, June 5, 2011

Midday update

Well I didn't get as much reading done as I wanted because of an extra nap that I snuck in. I did finish another book and have started two others in that time. I started Putting Makeup on the Fat Boy but have decided to put it aside for now and then started Boy Trouble: The Complicated Life of Claudia Cristina Cortez.

This was an ARC that I picked up at TLA in April. It was also published in April so it can be seen with the color pictures in the book while the ARC did not have the color pictures and was even missing a few of the sketches.

Louise Lambert has always loved vintage clothing and when she gets an invitation to attend the Traveling Fashionista Vintage Sale she is excited and ready to find a dress for her 7th grade dance. Little does she know that her life will soon be drastically changed. Louise finds a pink vintage dress that she loves and tries on to be transported back to 1912 on a ship. She is in shock that this has happened but the worst shock is yet to com....she is on board the Titanic. She soon tries to change history and save the passengers only to be told she is crazy. Will Louise make it back to her regular life? Will she save the passengers of the Titanic? Read the story to find out more about Louise's adventure.

This is the first book by this author and the first of this series. The next book won't be out until April 2012 but should make for an interesting follow up to this story. The author found an interesting way of mixing history in with fiction in order to find the right mix.

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars.


Reading time total: 15 hours 30 minutes
Blogging time: 1 hour 45 minutes

My next update will include any other books I read today and my final time total.

No comments:

Post a Comment