Saturday, June 4, 2011

End of the first 24 hours of reading...

During the first 24 hours I have managed to read 2 whole books and part of 2 other books. Not as much as I hoped for but that's okay.

My second complete book read was The Calder Game.

For this book I chose to listen to the book as an audio book since I was traveling in the car and at a graduation party for most of the day. The travel time allowed me to listen to over half the book and the other half was done between visiting with family and friends.

In this third book of the series, Calder and his father travel to England. While there Calder is allowed to roam and visit places on his own. He soon finds that Alexander Calder the sculptor he was named after has a piece on display in the town. The town's people don't appreciate it and wish it were gone but Calder is fascinated by it. One day he visits the maze of town and doesn't return that evening. His father panics the next day and calls for reinforcements to help look for Calder: Calder's friends Petra and Tommy. More than one mystery will have to be solved in order to get all of the answers in this story that keeps the reader on the edge of the seat.

I gave this book 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Great choice for upper elementary and middle school students. Even though it is part of a series it can be read as a stand alone but is better if read after the others.

Total reading time: 10 hours 19 minutes
Blogging time: 40 minutes

I have already started my next books and am having a hard time deciding which to finish. More to come later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment